According to the National Association of Cognitive Behavioral Therapists
is a form of psychotherapy that emphasizes the important role of thinking in how we feel and what we do.
HEre is a list of 10 things that Cognitive Behavioral therapy focus on:
1. CBT focus' on the Cognitive Model of Emotional Response.
2. CBT is Time-Limited.
3. A therapeutic relationship is necessary for effective therapy, but not the focus.
4. CBT is a joint effort between the therapist and the client.
5. CBT is based on stoic philosophy.
6. CBT uses the Socratic Method.
7. CBT is structured and directive.
8. CBT is an educational model.
9. CBT relies on the Inductive Method.
10. Homework is assigned in CBT.
If you would like a more in depth explanation please click here.